Understanding websites and blog
A company’s website is an online business interaction point. It’s like an online document containing information regarding your business, products, services etc. Anyone can access your website with a unique address, which we call as URL (Uniform Resource Locator).
A website is a collection of one or more web pages including texts and multimedia contents, published on a single unique domain name.
Before proceeding further. Let’s briefly, discuss few technical terms which are associated with a website.
- Domain Name: Domain name is a unique identity of your website. It’s mostly same as the name of your business.
- Web Page: A web page is a single HTML document. It is created using HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language).
- HTML: HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) is a programming language used to create a website. A programming language is different than human understandable language. Basically, a programming language is created for the machine. Our computer, mobile phone, and other digital devices are machines. So they understand HTML and create beautiful web pages which we see and interact with.
Almost everything we see on the internet is a website. Such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc.
Today almost every business has their website. The majority of businesses get their website developed by the experts. Few of them might have developed it through their in-house team. And there is a small number of entrepreneurs who themselves developed their website for their business.
I recommend entrepreneurs to get their website developed by the experts. It will save time. By the way, you must go through this course even if you are not planning to develop your website on your own. It will help you to understand backend work involved in creating a website so that no one can make you fool technically.
A blog is a frequently updated online personal journal or diary. It is a place to express yourself online to the world. A place to share your thoughts and your passions. This type of website is used to increase public relation. Business uses a blog to share updates among their customers and clients. A blog also helps in SEO. Blogs typically include features such as comments and links to increase user engagements.
A blog (also called a weblog or web log) is a website consisting of entries (also called posts) such as online journal or diary. Or a blog is a type of website which has posts (or entries) appearing in reverse chronological order.
- Blogger: A blogger is someone who blogs, or writes content for a blog.
- Blogging: Blogging is the act of writing a post for a blog
What is a Business Blog?
A business blog is a website with frequently updated content about the business related topics. Mostly used to drive traffic to the website, improve keyword ranking (SEO) and improve PR (Public Relation).
Creating business blog is an essential part of creating an online presence. In this chapter, we will first create the website then the blog.