What is Geotargeting?
Geotargeting is a practice of delivering personalized contents to your visitor based on their location. It is mostly used to target local customers.
In simple words, Geo-targeting refers to the practice of delivering different content to a website user based on his or her geographic location. Geotargeting can be used to target local customers through Ads or organic search.
A website which is Geo-targeted for a particular location ranks higher on that particular location if someone from that particular location performs a search over the search engines with the relevant keywords associated with that particular website. This helps a lot in organic SEO.
The importance of Geotargeting?
Geotargeting is very important, as it helps to target a right audience. Targeting right audience can save our time and resources. It helps to achieve, better ROI (Return on investment) through Ads (Advertisements). that’s the reason, it is very much popular for advertisement agencies.
- Ad targeting: Target audience to show right Ad.
- Match currency: We can use local currencies for billing purposes. Thereby switching currencies according to user locations.
- Serving Local and Relevant offers: We can provide offers and local deals to local people.
- Local Events: Geo Targeting is also very important for Event listing Websites. These websites can provide local and relevant events according to the visitors locations.
- Languages and translation: We can achieve language translation according to the user location. We can even develop different versions of our website for different geographical locations.